My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

playing my usual game

of catching up. I have been a BAD blogger, although it doesn't seem that anyone has noticed.

life has been crazy busy as always. today we completed our first nine weeks of school. very hard to believe that the first nine weeks is done already and it is time to work on grades and report cards. YIKES. where does it all go?

my class is a good group and I am enjoying them. I have adjusted to our crazy schedule and pretty much find myself to be going with the proverbial flow. our new reading series appears to have some wonderful components but def. difficult to fit all the parts in with the scheduling. tomorrow is professional study day and we will get part two of the training. perhaps it will seem a bit less overwhelming than the first part as we have been utilizing it for some time now. fingers crossed.

Joshy passed his speech screening last week which comes as a HUGE shock to most, esp. me. I asked the SLP if she could fail him and she agreed that his "issues" were real, but also being that he is still THREE, they were within the limits for a 3 year old. She did rec. he be rescreened in six months after he has turned 4 and unless he self corrects by April, he would fail at that point. Now do not get me wrong, I am not looking to have my child qualify for any programs that he doesn't truly need, but I would hate for him to continue lisping for the rest of his life because he missed that fateful cutoff of fixing it by FIVE cause he won't be in kinder til almost 6.

My sister and the rest of her family are now firmly planted in Virginia and when Joshy heard that he cried. Although they are now MUCH closer and in the same time zone, we will all miss them being in Colorado however, we promised a visit to see Colorado Henry in our futures.

Well, other than the MS Crop stuff taking OVER my entire life, I have just caught ya'll up on the goings on with me. Wish I could share something truly interesting, but I can't. I have too many raffles to organize and a t-shirt order to generate.

Hugs to all,
Jax

1 comment:

Denita said...

Nice to see that you finally updated Jackie! Hate to spoil your'e belief here but I happen to check in on you ALL the time...