My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My BABY turned 4 yesterday!!

They tell u when they are born, "you won't believe how quickly it goes". I am here to tell you, they are right, whomever "they" are.

I was so sad to tell him we weren't going to Disney for his birthday, but he could have cared less. However, i felt like the WORLD's worst Mommy when it dawned on me that he had NO party planned since we were supposed to be in Mickey Land.

So, I went into overdrive to figure something out. We went to Helen's and shared Robbie's party first. FUN times there. Then, we drove over to the hospital and snuck the birthday boy up to Uncle Bill's room. We only stayed about two minutes, but both of them were grinning ear to ear.

Off we headed to St. Pete for a makeshift, thrown together birthday party at Chick-Fil-A. It is one of his favorite places and most of his favorite people were there. Laura, Alex and Jonathan joined us. Alex and Joshy have never missed a party of each other's and this one was no different. Charlotte and Zaydin arrived a bit later and all the boys had fun playing, eating and mine especially luved ripping into his presents. We have spent the better part of 3 hours this morning trying desperately to organize the playroom and it is overwhelming to say the least.

This child needs NOTHING from the toy store ever again, seriously. However, after packing up almost 3 FULL trash bags of clothing, he sure could use some warm clothes. It is truly sad that I am giving away clothing that still has tags ..........apparently he has pretty much skipped the size 3T entirely and I am guilty of purchasing items super cheap(Target for 99 cents) when they have their amazing sales.
So, some lucky sole will be inherriting a TON of very gently used clothing in the near future.

Other than birthday-ing life here is the usual. Uncle Bill remains in the hospital and at this point I can honestly say that I am MORE concerned about Aunt Sue. It is def. draining her and I wish that I could do something other than just offer support.

Not a clue what we are doing for childcare this week. Thankfully, it is a short week with me working only Mon and Tues before being off for Turkey Day holiday. Now that birthday has passed, I guess I had better start thinking about Turkey Day.

Enjoy this wonderful Sunday. The weather here is near perfection. Luv Florida this time of year.
Jax

No comments: