My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

It is almost over

My summer vacation that is. Now dh would tell you that my whole life is vacation, but I beg to differ. It is back to school tomorrow morning. I am not a huge fan of change, so the new school year always brings with it some anxiety for me. Some years it is worse. This is one of them. Although for the first time in 19 years of teaching, I am going to be in the same classroom........yeah, I do have a new job share partner. I am very xcited to be working with Anna. I think we are going to be a good team. My 4th grade team is going to be fantastic as well. However, it is an entirely new group of kiddos. I do not recognize a single name on my roster. Kinda scary. I remember dh 7 years ago not believing that the teachers get butterflies as well. I am here to tell ya, this teacher does.
I look forward to going back, but could def. use another week or so and could someone put in a good word that it isn't really necessary to report back at 7:30 AM? I would appreciate that.

We are nearly unpacked and done with the laundry from our week down in the Keys. Had a fantastic time filled with LOTS of laughing and hysterics but that is another post in and of itself.

The inlaws arrived home from two weeks in Alaska late last night so not sure what time zone they will be on when they do check in today.

KC did NOT get a good report from the pathologist on the mass in his mouth :( It is a stage two mast cell tumor-this is NOT good because of the location, it really can't be removed with 2cm perimeters. Awaiting a call back from the vet this week to discuss options for him. Dr. Hamilton was going to consult w/oncologists at FVS. I decided not to go the FGT and scrap. As much as I wanted to , I REALLY wanted to come home and see my KC bear........and I KNOW that those of you who are animal peeps would understand that decision.

I am attempting to give KC a high protein, no carb diet as apparently cancer luvs carbs. So, he ate some salmon, chicken and cottage cheese since we got home. He is still running round, kissing and acting just like himself........however, his face does appear to be puffier since we got home.
Say an xtra prayer for my Papa Bear poochini. He is such a luv.

Happy Sunday,
Jax who hasn't scrapped at all this summer

No comments: