My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Henry oh Henry

Last night we went over to St. Pete. I should begin with first, the boys all went to the train show at the fairgrounds. They had a blast and I had about 4 hours to myself to work on some crafty "things"-although I didn't get to finish em up.

Then we all went to St. Pete. We had dinner. I was so in the mood for a good turkey club so I surprised everyone when I ordered one. FIL ordered lasagna and when they brought it over, you should have seen his face.
Needless to say, it just wasn't worth listening to him all night, so I had lasagna and he devoured my turkey club(w/o saying thank u I might add).

After dinner, the inlaws both bailed on us and sil, and the three of us drove down to Straub Park. The line to see Santa was HIDEOUSLY long, but our good luck got us a carriage ride in a big beautiful carriage this year, pulled by none other than Henry the horse who took us out for a ride two years ago this time.
It is a shame that MIL and FIL didn't join us cause they would have really enjoyed it. The weather was perfectly brisk and the lights on the water and in the park were very festive.

This morning we were all up early baking home-made cookies for a cookie xchange that Joshy and I are going to later. Pretty much everyone knows, I am a great cook, but "I do not bake". I think after 42 years I figured out why today.

When I cook, I am just like Daddy.......a little of this and a dash of that. KWIM? It never tastes xactly the same twice, but usually(not always ) good.
This cookie thing, it requires following a recipe which is just another way of saying "following written directions."
I can NOT do that well, okay not at all. So whether it is cookies, or putting together a bookshelf, there is a reason that Johnnie does that kinda stuff around here cause,
I am Jackie Durning and I can't follow written direction....

I will confess though that I made from scratch two different kinds of cookies today and although they do not look nearly as pretty as the photos in the Santa Cookie Book (and I could hear Uncle Bill, our family baker, telling me I was doing it wrong) they all taste good. However, Johnnie's LOOK 100% better :)

Let's hope that we have a successful xchange. I have never been to one of these before. Perhaps I will host it in the future. LOL.

A good luck wish to SIL, Patty as she begins a new job tomorrow. She has been out of work for over a year, so this is a VERY good thing.

Joshy goes to karate camp this week and is so xcited that he earned his yellow belt on Friday and I am thrilled to have 3 hours per day to myself.

Happy Sunday to all,
Scrappin' Jax

No comments: