My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holy Stuff BATMAN

All that I can say, is OMG was Santa ever good to this family.
Christmas Eve was spent in St. Pete at Johnnie's mom's house. We had a very nice evening full of wayyyyy too much food and lil man opened up his gifts from Uncle Dave. Everyone had fun putting racetracks together and launching cars and airplanes thru the house.

We got home just in time to feed the reindeer their special reindeer food before one very tired lil guy passed out. He was so excited for Santa. I couldn't imagine what time he might pry my eyes open in the morning but he was very patient and waited. I heard him up before 7am but he waited until I opened my eyes before rushing to wake Daddy up.

The next few hours were a complete and total blurr of excitement as SP family came over and joined us in opening the tremendous number of gifts we received. DH made a fabulous breakfast pizza and we ate that with danish, donuts, fruit and drank lots of coffee from my new Keurig.

Then had to prepare to go over to Aunt Sue's. Made my spinach dip as requested by Mitch and off we went to have lunch with the fam and open gifts..........from there we went to SP to Aunt Pat's to do what? Eat and open gifts.
By 8pm we headed back to Aunt Sue's.........no more gift opening, but oh did I mention that we had dessert and coffee???

I ate more yesterday that I usually do in 3 days combined, but it was all delish. The choc. cake last night was to DIE for-diabetic overdose I swear but as my dad would say, so worth it. HA.
We didn't get home until nearly 11pm and at that point neither Johnnie or I could sleep.

What an incredible day we had. For several years all of our "running" on Christmas used to literally wipe me out and it was just TOOOOO much. It was usually very overwhelming. Yesterday didn't seem that way. We reflected on that and how nice it was at each stop.

Joshua made out like NO ONE ever should but truthfully, we ALL did. I said outloud that I hoped that all my 'kids' at school had a nice holiday and how truly fortunate that I feel to have received so much luv and kindness in the last week.

Life is good. However, Santa DID forget to bring me a place to put all this stuff. OY. Where shall I begin???
Thankfully I have a week or so to figure that out.

I hope that Santa was equally as kind and generous to you and yours.

No comments: