My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One proud Mama moment

So my lil guy started karate camp yesterday.....he has been taking "classes" at his daycare/preschool since transferring there last January. It is about a 30 minute class once a week and despite my numerous efforts to get there in time, it took me almost 10 months to actually meet his instructor.(Aunt Sue and Grandma met him LONG before I was able to).

About three weeks ago I got an email from the karate school talking about karate camps this week and next while the kiddos are out of school and since there is no VPK, we decided what the heck.
OMG, he has absolutely LUVED it.

Yesterday there were only about 8 or so kids there, but today, OMG the gym was packed. They worked out for THREE straight hours. My child is the youngest one in the gym and the tiniest but among the loudest I can tell you that.

At the conclusion of class today, he got called to the front of the gym and was given a medal for being the most improved, for listening and for being focused for the entire time. Let me tell you, this Mommy was C~R~Y~I~N~G as my lil guy said, "thank you SIR!!" and bowed to Mr. Duane.

He also received his NEW Black Belt Club uniform AND his yellow belt.

ONE very proud Mama moment today and ya know what? Daddy was there for every second of it.

No comments: