My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

that ONE person

Most of us have them-that ONE person in their lives that you identify with, look to for guidance and can lean on when you must.

Some of us are fortunate to have more than ONE of those special people.

For me, it was ALWAYS my daddy and even though he is no longer "here" I still lean on him and rely on his guidance. Aunt Sue is my second "ONE". She is my mom and always will be. I am so grateful that although she is still in discomfort, she is most def. on the road to recovery-thankfully.

My second principal is also a "ONE" for me. Mary Lasris is ONE very special person. As a very young educator(22 at the time) she was NOT just my principal or my boss-she was a mentor and I am very proud to say that 20 years later, she still is.

She never micro-managed her staff, yet she was always there(in the SMALLER of the two offices) with the door wide open. If you had a problem, question, whatever, that door remained open and when you sat down to "talk", discuss, or question, she sat NEXT to you, not across the big desk.

I was so fortunate to have worked with her/for her for so many years and yesterday at Chili's I felt it all renewed.
Thank you Mary Lasris for being my professional "ONE"!

No comments: