My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

re-FOCUS

I chose the word FOCUS as my word of the year and nearly 6 months into the year, I seem to have lost some of my FOCUS.....so this weekend, before we head into the month of June, I have been making great strides to Re-F~O~C~U~S!! and I am proud to say that it feels very good to have accomplished some of it.

I picked up the "One Minute Organizer" book at the Scholastic Book warehouse sale last week and I have been faithfully reading it this weekend. It is a very easy read and it has inspired me to work on getting my sh*t together and pitching/purging the rest of it.

Baby steps-I know. Thus far my make-up has been purged and so has the drawer that contained FAAAAAR too many hair curling/straightening goops, gels and lotions. Ha. I also attempted to organize one of the several junk drawers in the kitchen. It is still FULL of junk, but admittedly, far less junk than yesterday :)

It is nice to have a 3 day weekend to accomplish some of these things. But, it is also very important to FOCUS on the reason that we have this holiday today. So, to all the men and women who have served........a huge THANK you for making this the BEST place in the world to live.

No comments: