My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A little bit of this

and a whole lotta that. so far, that is what my week has consisted of.
yesterday we did some running round to pick up some much needed storage items at wally world. then i got home and attempted(very unsuccessfully I might add) to put together the bookshelf that I had purchased for the playroom. After two hours, I realized that it was MUCH too much like a puzzle and gave up before tossing it into the swimming pool.

I did however happily return home from my Board meeting to find it completely assembled in the playroom. I didn't dare ask how long it took him to accomplish this task, but it was done. Why do men come with he "put it together" gene and women don't? I try much harder and am surprised at how much I really can accomplish but when it comes to certain tasks(the ones that specifically are puzzle like) it is just really easier to ask for help or in reference to cube issue during pre-planning last year, BEG for the defenseless music teacher to assist and then have to promise to keep the music groups corraled at every choral and instrumental performance for the rest of the year(which I did in appreciation for one Mr. Andrew Smith :)

So the playroom is done. ...kitchen nearly done, family room almost done. The owner of the painting company will arrive on Friday morning to finish/correct the crappy paint job. I will post before/after photos once it is taken care of to my liking.

So, I am hopeful that by the end of celebrating our fine country's birthday weekend, I will have my HOME back in shape. However, too many more days of weather like today and it may just be flooded again and totally trashed cause Joshy and I are stuck inside.

We WILL leave the house tomorrow for fear of going totally stir crazy.
Good thoughts from Carol's hubby as he recuperates from surgery.
Good thoughts as the Peck family heads to their new home state of PA........FL is never going to be the same w/o them.

I am off to enjoy some quiet moments. I didn't get too many of them today at all and I am longing for a few.
TTFN,
Jax

No comments: