My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

things that I LUV Day #4

I luv spending a girls night out at a quarter auction knowing that the money that was raised went to a good cause-cystic fybrosis.

I also luv knowing that someone that I know who lost his 30 year old wife to this disease last week will know that Deanna meant a whole lot to others and that i could do something, no matter how little to honor her and help others who have this.

I tell my students OFTEN, how it makes my heart feel good to give to others and they seem to "get it" cause they have purchased a goat for two families this year, raised $25 for the Red Cross and are learning a valuable lesson about others who may be less fortunate than they are.

So, I luv being able to do something good......and I especially LUV winning FOUR of the quarter auctions in a row. Nice.

Dh esp. luvs that I won a table runner for our kitchen table that he discovered was probably NOT the very best place to attempt to put together a model airplane the other night when there was a very tired although anxious 5 year old wanting to "help". You see airplane model glue and said wooden kitchen table do NOT go well together and I had just gotten used to the varnish being ON that table.

So, luckily for him, the LOVE table runner that I won from At Home America is the perfect color combination for my kitchen and will save him from buying me a new table at least thru Valentine's Day!!

So, basically, on day #4, I luv doing things for others that include winning nice prizes and spending valuable time with a great group of girlfriends!!

No comments: