My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

Wow, I sure have been a NAUGHTY blogger for the last couple of weeks. I will blame it ALL on being on vacation. But, seriously, it is just LIFE and being wayyy toooooo busy.

Our holidays were amazing. However, I am putting in a request to make Christmas a week-long holiday next year. We opened presents FIVE times in two days. YES, 5 times. Needless to say, I have yet to find a place to put everything just yet.

Joshy, John and I were truly overwhelmed with everything we got. It was absolutely wonderful to spend so much time with all of our family here in Florida.
New Year's is NEVER an event for us. I have never been one to go out as I don't wanna risk being on the road with not only the crazy driver's here, but the DRUNK crazy ones too. So we had a nice dinner with Aunt Sue and family and then came home. Never made it up til midnight but that is okay.

John and I actually managed to sneek away to Mount Dora for a MUCH needed Jackie & John adventure. Joshy was well taken care of at our house with Nanny keeping him occupied. Actually, it was more likely the other way around, but she was all too glad to run out the door when we got home in fear that she would have to watch the garbage truck video ONE MORE TIME. ha ha.

I have spent the last couple of days pitching and cleaning out the old to find room for all the new. It has been very theraputic to try to de-clutter. With a 3 year old like mine, I have given up on a "clean" house as I can clean up one room of "stuff" just in time for him to make a mess(or build a track and bridge in another room". So, I will settle for everything having its place if ya know what I mean.

I have even been scrappin'. I did an entire baby album as a gift yesterday, put together several other word albums and completed 9 pages worth of layouts this morning alone. Nothing that I would post or brag about mind you, however, several of them were COMPLETELY out of the box for me.

So, I am off to put on another pair of socks as it is QUITE cold in this house today and my "piggies" are cool.
Have a gr-8 day and a wonderful New Year.
Jackie

1 comment:

Stacey S-O said...

WTH is with the garbage trucks. H runs outside as soon as he hears the truck on the street. Glad you have some spouse time, I need some.