My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

may be down

but def. not out!
I have gotten quite used to my teaching partner calling me Hem and responding to her as Haw(both from the book Who Moved My Cheese), might just bring her a hunk of swiss tomorrow to make her smile. We have all been pretty stressed with FCAT testing this week, so a good laugh won't hurt for sure.

I have basically accepted that my new assignment may or may not change but simply my cheese will. It won't be perfect, for sure not ideal, but I will do what I do for the right reasons.

You see, in the middle of a staffing for my Aspbergers child, the office called to tell me that I had a young man waiting on me. I knew that I would be awhile, so he had left and come back. To my delight, one of my most memorable boys was sitting there waiting for me. Gorby is now 20, all grown up and even way back when, brought a smile to my face with the light in his eyes. What an amazing kid he was back then and I could not be more proud of him today almost grown.
He attends college, plays football and maintains a g.p.a. that anyone would be proud to claim. I have never lost touch with him, yet I hadn't seen him in person in many years. He is home on Spring break and made a plan to wake up in time to get up to school to see me in person and thank me. Thank me........
You see, when I got Gorby in my drop-out prevention class at Bay Crest, he was in 4th grade and had been told by several other teachers that he would never make it to college. Not me. I told Gorby that he could be whatever he wanted to be and most of all, he was a kind and genuine sole......hard to find in a boy his age.
That smile brought tears to my eyes as he just LIT me up today and oh did I need that. I told him in person, with a hug just how proud I am of him and he told me that it was because of ME that he is who is today.

You see, no matter what xactly I will teach-math/science, reading/writing, I hope to do it with the passion and ability to do just what I did for his group of kiddos back in 4th and 5th grade....inspire them to be the BEST that they can be. Those PEP kiddos of mine sure where a special bunch and i still talk to at least five of them on a regular basis. Many of them still speak to each other as well and as Larissa told me today,
We NEED to have a reunion pool party. Let's do it. I am hosting in once again.......heck, make it around my birthday once again.

June 2010-I will pick a date and you all had BETTER be there. Thanks for making my day, Gorby. You will continue to make me proud.

As for my very special neurologist.......she underwent some serious surgery today and I can only hope that the strength that she gives to all of us continues to fuel the fire necessary to beat the heck out of the cancer she has. We all luv YOU Dr. Karla and we are praying for your complete recovery and the strength and attitude to kick it to the curb.

Special people special lives..........we are all truly blessed in so many ways we just sometimes need to stop and remember what they are and embrace them.

No comments: