My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

An emotionally draining week

I had mentally prepared myself to return to school on Tuesday and although I had not graded a single paper or scored a single writing test, I was excited to see my kiddos.

Joshy and I got ready for school and when I dropped him off at pre-school, there was an eeerie feeling in the lobby-I KNEW something was up. I walked him to class and after returning to the lobby, I was handed a letter informing us that his FABULOUS new preschool would be closing its doors on Friday for good.

Emotional. Tears. Sadness. Anger. Pretty much every emotion that I could muster up I did this week. Pozee Playzle had become a part of our extended family and what was a comfort in a difficult time for us was slamming the door in our face. LONG story short, it is over there. Some part of their ownership/management ran off with tons of money and paid NO bills. Corporate was brought in this week to deal with the parents and it just wasn't a warm and fuzzy place to be.
The Durning Family is truly devestated. We luved Pozee and what it represented to us and for us. Joshy luved his friends, Miss Vicky and most esp. Miss Beata.........yank yet another carpet out from under my child's feet. Good thing that children are resilient and much more so than we adults are.

Sometimes I wonder why things happen? I practice the philosophy that everything does happen for a reason, however, I am not certain at this point what xactly this reason might be, but I am sure that it will come to me.

As many/most people know, I also do NOT deal well with any kind of change. Well that has sure gone straight out the window of late as well. Perhaps some, if not all of this lately, is to teach ME, the unchangeable, that change is often not only good, but welcome. Heck, there is a saying about that isn't there?

Well, maybe that will be MY ali word for the year: in fact, it is: CHANGE. I wasn't even going to choose to participate in this, but see, I have and I think that I have made a good choice.

As for the latest change for us: Joshua will begin at another preschool on Monday. I have met the teachers, directors, owners and toured the school two times in the last few days. I like the set up very much. There are different rooms, which I like and he seemed to like it very much when he came with me yesterday. I will report back in on Monday to let ya'll know how he liked it. It costs more money than we were paying before and I am not sure what else I am going to be able to "cut back on" but............we will be fine.

So, change of schools is the first MAJOR change for us this year. I am sure that it will be the first of many to come and I will do my best to make them positive for everyone.

Happy Saturday. It is brisk and sunny here for us. I hope to get the house back in some kind of order and be crafty.
Huggles,
Jax

No comments: