My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FIVE Years Ago today

My life as I knew it changed forever!! It was about this time on Tuesday, January 27th, 2004 that I was called to the office at school wondering which parent was there complaining about something I had done or said.

I walked in to find John and his mother standing there telling me that my father was "gone."
I accused him of lying to me as my father was coming up on Friday to see our new house. He had said as much in our phone conversation just hours before on Monday night.

I do not remember much after that truthfully, but it still hurts as much as it did FIVE years ago...
There is truthfully a whole in my heart that will NEVER ever be filled again completely.

I do take great pride in knowing that my father died a dignified man and my sparring partner is now blonde, with blue eyes and answers to the name of Dennis when he needs to, but truthfully,

I MISS YOU DADDY!!

Please continue to watch over us and send a sign every now and again to let us know that you are OKAY.

No comments: