My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Courage

I have to tell you that I had such an amazing time yesterday at the Project 365 crop hosted this month by Valerie. First I will say what an amazingly gorgeous home she has. WOW. it was absolutely magnificent. Each room more beautiful than the one before. As she gave us the grand tour and I looked in each corner with all the gorgeous glass vases from her store, Val's Basket Warehouse, all I could think of was: Hmmm, wonder how long Joshy would take to break this, that and the other. LOL. Someday I might be able to have things like that again.

It was very nice to meet new 365-ers and Val's sil too. We had a large group with plenty of room and all working on some project or other. We were all surprised when Jean came in and had her gs in tow with her. Drew has grown up so quickly and did a fabulous job of playing with Patches and becoming our group photographer without stepping too far back and into the pool(something I would assume he wouldn't have minded too much cept that he held Dee's Cannon Rebel in his hands).

When I was packing up to leave to give dh some fishing time, Carol arrived(she was suffering with a migrane yesterday so arrived late). We don't get to see Carol often enough so it was good to have her join the group, even if I didn't get to see her for very long.

I had left her a copy of a photo that I had taken at the walk ms event at the zoo a few weeks ago. Her girl scout troop volunteered and did a phenominal job of passing out the magnets to everyone who crossed the finish line at the walk. I asked her if the girls enjoyed themselves and she responded with a resounding YES. "In fact, at their meeting this week, they were doing some more work on their badge and their discussion was about people who demonstate courage."
She continued on with the fact that all the girls at the meeting said that I was someone who exemplified great courage.
Needless to say, I walked out of Valerie's home crying like a baby or should I say honestly, crying like a Tinsky. I could hear my father boo hooing in my ear like you can NOT imagine.

THANK YOU Carol and to your scouts for making me take a moment and be humbled. I do try to demonstate strength in adversity and I didn't realize just how much of an impact that I make on others. So, I greatly appreciate the opportunity. As I sit hear crying once again, I will bow my head gracefully and KNOW in my heart that I DO touch others and that means more than I can put into words.

Jax

No comments: