My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GOod Morning

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning-still VERY tired from a long, but fantastic weekend down in Bonita Springs.

I left school early at xactly 2:30 and arrived at 5pm, which means that I made pretty good time down there as it was over 160 miles. Although my good friend, Miami Dawn was "supposed" to meet me there at approx. the same time, I had checked into the hotel and gotten gas in my car before she had even left Miami. As many of you know, Miami Dawn is NOT known for being punctual and although her kitty was not in need of being extricated this trip, it seems that her laptop needed a MAJOR tune up.........turns out the connection speed at the hotel kept her from using it nearly as much as in Sebring, but she had to have work done on it. So, she didn't arrive til 8pm, but made a grand entrance anyway.

The crop was Hoe Down themed and let me tell you, those girls down in the Ft. Myers/Bonita area KNOW how to put on a crop. The classes were jam packed with product and techniques-sooo far outta my box, but wayyyyyyy cool. I got to re-connect with ole friends, Ginni and Dee and long story short, we got to see the hottie fire dept. from Bonita Springs at 1 am. (Engine 22:)

I had such a great weekend and hated to depart at 4pm, but I knew that my boys were waiting for me. Joshy had the sniffles before I left and although I had spoken to him over the weekend, the Mommy guilt of sick kiddo was starting to kick in. So, I hit the highway, but not before a quick stop at the QVC outlet and you will NOT believe the bargain I walked outta there with. OMG.

I made it home by 7pm, which included the hour stop at the outlet and it was nice to be home and share my weekend with dh and dinner with them both.

Although I slept better in Bonita than I do at home, I was beat and glad to be back in my own bed-actually with my own pillow. I need to start taking my pillow when I travel, but the bed at the hotel was VERY comfy.

School yesterday went quickly although I wasn't feeling as prepared as I usually feel. This new reading series is throwing a kink in the planning as it is alllll soooo new and there is soooooo much to digest with it.

Moe our ext. lady arrived to finish our spraying of the yard and house. Took the poor woman THREE treatments to get it all done and we haven't seen an ant in a few weeks now. Lemme tell you, our ants were taking over our lives. She says it has been a BAD year. I AGREE.

Off to after hours with ds last night.......I KNEW that was coming as he just could NOT seem to shake this cold with over the counter meds. I really like the dr. we saw and we left with a prescription for antibiotics and samples of cough meds(before it gets croopy). I did make him go get us cough stuff with NO antihistamine in it cause my kid is "one of the 15% who react ". Oy NO ANTIHISTAMINE for my child EVER.............he will literally scale the walls.

He fell asleep in the car before I got him out of the parking lot of the drs office and seems in good spirits today-yeah.

I feel better after having called to complain about the arrogance and disrespectful way that we were spoken to at the Hamtpon Inn by the Manager after our gas"situation-NOT leak" and M. Dawn had already called in with her side of it. I told the girl who I spoke with that the manager clearly needed a refresher course in hospitality, but the gas story will be journaled in my pages I assure you.

Okay, off to go and get ready for school. i could use another cup of coffee too. Have a great Tuesday and HUGE thanx to Janet, Gerri-anne, Barb and everyone who made the crop so much fun.

1 comment:

Denita said...

It was great to see you as well Ms. Jackie! I need to call corporate as well, can you send me the number you both called plz.
Love ya,
Dee