My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

What a glorious day.
I am so priviledged to be a Mommy. This is something that 25 years ago I would have thought would NEVER happen.
I was told at a very young age that getting pg. would have been nearly impossible for me and I accepted that fact.

Then I met Johnnie and everything changed. We decided to try to have a baby and hoped that it would happen, but all the while knowing that it wasn't likely.

REmarkably, we got pg. the FIRST month that we "tried". A true miracle and blessing.
I lost my dad six weeks before we found out that we had conceived and I believe that despite a high risk pregnancy, my "angel" was watching over me.
I became allergic to chocolate at 6 weeks pg-Daddy was allergic to chocolate. Became insullin dependent diabetic while pg(dad was also diabetic) and so the story of the circle of life continued when my amnio results told us that the little miracle was not only healthy, but a BOY.

At 37.5 years old, I gave birth to my precious, precocious and altogether amazing little man who continues to delight me on a daily basis with his stories, tales and remarkable similarity to a certain father of mine.

I am truly blessed and thankful. I luv being a Mommy more than anything and I would NOT change it or trade it for one second(on most days).
Today was one of those days. Thank you Daddy for ensuring that I had this little man and for watching over us all the time.

Happy Mother's Day to all and to Joshua Daniel, thank you for allowing me to be your Mommy!!

No comments: