My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

wrap up

Good Sunday Morning,
What a beautiful day it appears to be outside.
We had a very nice weekend so far. Friday I left school as soon as possible and rushed home. We headed out to Deltona as quickly as we could. What should have taken 2 hrs and 9 min according to MapQuest(clearly no one at MQ drives I-4), took nearly 4 hours. YIKES. We arrived at the hotel at 6:30pm and somehow managed to make it to the 7pm wedding at 6:50. Holy Cow.

We met the bride and groom at the MS Couples Retreat we attended in Feb, they are super sweet and we bonded with them fairly quickly. The young bride has MS pretty severely and was having a difficult time accepting the whole thing. Some of my + attitude rubbed off on her that weekend and she has made great strides in NOT allowing MS to define her. Physically and emotionally, she is doing SO much better.
Her family was very grateful to me and I felt like a celebrity at her small family wedding. In addition, that same weekend, I decided that my wedding dress(still hanging in my closet w/o being dry cleaned) would make this couple happy and she should get as much happiness wearing it as I did nearly 5 years ago. So, the bride was wearing "our" wedding dress Fri night.

A lovely ceremony and a FABULOUS dinner/drinks/reception at Bahama Breeze. DH and I really enjoyed ourselves.
We hit some stores(not scrapping ones although we did try for one that was out of business) and we spent some of our soon to be deposited tax check at Dockside Imports. We purchased some interesting metal wall hangings for outside by the pool and then we headed to Bass Pro Shops.

NOT my idea of a fun afternoon.......actually, at one point two hours into the stop there, it felt like torture, but that is dh's Disney World. AND, since he had EVERYTHING stolen, he was entitled to replace.............so he did some damage there and finally was smiling about fishing again.

I am actually surprised that his car is in the driveway as I thought for sure he would be out by now catch-ing up(LOL) but he is sleeping in apparently.

Good to be home and have our lil guy back. He had a great time with Aunt Sue and didn't realize we weren't there. He is so much at home at her house that he doesn't know when I should be there to pick him up after school. She took him to a hands on truck thing yesterday and even bought a disposable camera to take some pics for me. It looked like a TON of fun and Joshy was surely THRILLED .........must mark my calendar for that next year.

Okay, I need some more coffee and hope to have a productive Sunday.

No comments: