My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

gorgeous just gorgeous

that describes the weather the last couple of days. omg, glorious. the humidity is so low and the sun shining. wow. this is why i live where i do.

although only thursday, today is really MY friday as we have no school tomorrow. yeah.
dh is training a new person in sarasota and has been there a BUNCH this week. tonite, he will stay in st. pete so going back to sarasota tom. will be a closer drive.

my house is a disaster but who cares right? too much else going on to worry bout cleaning floors. the laundry IS put away and after watching wife swap last night, i feel MUCH better about my messy house. at least we just have some clutter and not laundry overflowing on the pool table(that we don't have-ha ha).

i received a graduation announcement in the mail yesterday that actually brought me to tears. when i was teaching 2nd grade at my current school FIFTEEN years ago, I was introduced to the tiniest of lil girlie girls at Meet Your Teacher Night. The family was super sweet and I immediately fell in luv with said blondie and her curls. Well now, 15 years later, Miss Amanda will graduate tomorrow from the Univ. of Central Florida-cum laude.

What makes this so very special for me is that I had her two years in a row and can honestly say that I have NEVER lost touch with this special one. She has grown from blonde curlie girlie girl into an incredible young woman............CONGRATS to you my special Friend. I am so very proud of you!!

Have a great Thurs/Friday everyone.

1 comment:

All That Scrap said...

Thank you Jackie for your kind words. They mean a lot. I am very happy we have kept in touch all these years.

P.S. It was Summa Cum Laude.
- Top 2.5% and 1 of 13 students among Psychology majors. Not too bad. ;o)