My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

aren't you........

so, yesterday i ran off to big lots on my way home from school in search of a bar and barstools for the patio . i found one that i liked immediately and was amazed at the price. i promptly paid for it and while the very nice kid was loading it on the top of my suv, he says to me, "are you a school teacher?" to which I replied YES. "isn't your name Ms. Tinsky? " he asks. " I think you were my 3rd or 4th grade teacher..........

So, I quickly glance at his name tag and lo and behold, this 20 year old WAS one of my former students. Now this isn't a big surprise, as I have been teaching for 17 years and 15 of those years have been at the same school that I am still at, which is only blocks away from said store.

What shocked me is that 12 years later, he NOT only recognized me but remembered my name. WHich only tells me that at age 40, I guess I don't look tooooooo bad-LOL.

And since I am the ultimate, admitted Pack Rat, of course, first thing when I arrived at school this morning, I pull out every class picture that I have ever had taken(including the one that I was absent for) and I was both his THIRD and FOURTH grade teacher!!

A nice memory. He was a good kid back then-very quiet. Working at BIG LOTS, I told him NOT the aspirations I would have had for him, but glad to see he wasn't in jail and even happier to hear that he has NOT fathered any children and has NO plans to at this point. That is always a good thing.

Have a great night. I am off to log in some donations. I LUV this point in the fundraising process as every day I come home to envies, boxes and great goodies. I envision baskets and raffles all afternoon long.
The MS Crop 4 Hope is going to be absolutely incredible this year!!

No comments: