My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

what a week UGH

well, all i can say is i am glad that it is nearly over. what a crappy week, however, i KNOW that it can always be worse, so NOT complaining.

had a very tough week at school. the last few weeks are always difficult.........soooo much to do and keep kiddos somewhat on task-yeah right. fcat reading scores came in and my kids overall did amazingly well. however, i got a huge zinger when one of my lil ones did NOT pass. she was hysterical. so, now i have three days to get a portfolio done on her to get her to pass as we are all going to 4th grade together and i will NOT leave her behind without us.

spent the better part of 5 hours on the phone with India this week trying to talk to someone that I could possibly understand at HP. Yeah, right, that did NOT happen either. Suffice to say, that I have come to the conclusion that desktop computers are designed to be DISPOSABLE now and I am so overly disgusted by the entire thing that I will NOT type about it all. Let's just say, that I was without a computer that functioned since last Sunday and there WILL be a funeral for the 2nd HP desktop puter that has dropped DEAD for me in the last 14 months. UGH.

Of course, it wasn't completely dead until the second phonecall to India and not until I had paid $105 to have them walk me thru completely KILLING it. So, I have a lovely paperweight on my computer desk right now that may someday become a toy for Joshua if the recovery disks ever arrive, but I lost some documents(I know I Know BACK IT UP) but jeez, how often do you have to back it up???????????? I can survive the death of them and losing them, but it is the principle fo the whole thing. Even if I had backed it all up, how xactly do you backup your inbox in outlook? Other than printing every single email that you think will someday be of some importance.......
If someone knows the answer to that one, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me, cause I do not have a clue on that and honestly, some of the most impt things I lost were in my inbox folders.

Okay, done with that. My crappy week also included ds to the dr and almost to the ER with bronchitis that was nearly walking bacterial pneumonia. Add in the stomach bug that Aunt Sue had, I had and that dh is experiencing as I type.(mind you I was down for two hours and as bad as he has it he has already said he has NO idea how I went to work with it)-me either, cept Mommy's don't really get to be sick do we? NOPE.

So, Joshy is on the mend, but still coughing. He is much better and almost finished with the oral steroids. I managed to eat dinner tonite for the first time all week. DH is on a liquid diet but getting better.
Saw Lion King last night. Not so very impressed. It was good, but not what I NEEDED if ya know what I meah.

Aunt Sue and Mom leave for Colorado in the morning and DH leaves on Tues for Roanoke which is another crazy week for me trying to get the kiddo watched while I try to wrap up things at school. I did manage to pack 10 boxes this week, but still have about 80+ more to do. I HATE moving classrooms nearly every year, but I am so glad to be going to 4th grade, I will deal with the packing and unpacking. At least my wonderful head custodian is going to do the actual moving. He is awesome.

So there is the wrap up in a nutshell. So glad to see the week ending. Also thankful that my family in Colorado was safe from the tornado that hit there. My niece and bil were on a field trip with her school and had to hunker down in a basement on the field trip and Windsor is the xact town they were going to be moving to about six months ago. TOO close for comfort there.

Got some fabulous donations this week for the crop too. That helps to make the crappy seem better.

Hope that everyone has had a better week than we did over here but it certainly HAS got to get better!! Nite Nite to all.

No comments: