My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

He is at peace

We got the call this morning that Uncle Bill was at peace.........my aunt's phone rang just after 6am and they rushed over to the hospital one last time. Uncle Bill waited for them. His O2 level jumped into the 90;s when Aunt Sue took his hand and then he flatlined.

By 8:05 he had left this world peacefully and will endure no more pain. Now to try to pick up the pieces and move on for my family, esp. for my dear aunt. She and Uncle Bill were married for 39 years and she has NEVER ever lived alone..........

My heart is aching and my eyes are puffy from crying, but I am so very thankful that he is no longer struggling for breath and that he is at peace.

I hope that the hospital can ultimately figure out what happened and I pray for the nurse that administered the wrong medication. I am not xactly certain how she will live with her mistake...

3 comments:

Mary B said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. Peace be with you and your family.

PinkiMimi said...

Jackie,
It is hard to know what to say. Just know that my prayers are with you and your family, and the nurse that made the mistake. I did not realize that this had happened. As you said, he is not suffering any more.
Love,
Mimi

eljay716 said...

My thoughts are with you and your family Jackie. So sorry. My best to you all.