My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

birthday party, birthday party and BRRRR

BUSY BUSY weekend. Why don't the work weeks seem to pass as quickly?
Saturday we had a birthday party at Gator Freds. I had never been there before and it was nice, not to mention a stone's throw from where we live. Joshy had fun with his school friends playing NON stop. Then the Theo's came over for matzo ball soup(cause I was tired of hearing Stacy whine about not getting any last week. I also made two pots of pasta fagiol(sp) and that was yummy. We enjoyed their company and were so happy to see the JETS win so we didn't have to deal with a disappointed Theo.

This morning we were off to birthday party number two for the weekend. Jan. sure is a busy month.......Chuck E. Cheeses on a Sunday at 10am. I am NOT a fan of being anywhere on a Sunday at 10am, (can u tell that church and I would never get along if I weren't a Jew?) It was brisk out when we arrived and would you believe they had the AIR CONDITIONING on inside?? CRAZY cold. Many thanks to Anna's sister for the cup of coffee.

Johnnie spent the better part of the weekend putting both Christmas and Hanukkah away inside and out. Now to get the tubs back up into the attic. What a chore, but he does it all w/o complaining. I like looking at the pretty lites, but boy oh boy. Well, put away til next year when we long to see it all again.

Okay, so there are MANY reasons why I moved from NJ to FL not only to attend college, but cause I am not a fan of frigid weather.
I am also not the only FL resident who complains when the humidity is 100% and it is nearly 100 degrees for MONTHS on end.

BUT(and u knew that there would be a BUT), this record cold is getting a bit ridiculous. OMG, 28 degrees when we wake up tomorrow? YIKES.
I am def. going to search for the gloves that are somewhere in this house from our last NJ trip during winter.

I can't seem to warm up and for the first time since we bought this house 6 years ago, I am wishing for my old house with the fireplace.(That sentiment will pass quickly or as soon as the thermometer reads over 50 degrees again for any length of time.)

At this moment, I have my thermostat way higher than it should be(rec. 68 are they kidding?), i am wearing cuddle duds, a sweater, jeans, TWO pairs of socks, boots and I am still freeeeeeezing.

I think the only thing that I can do at this point, is get in my flannel jammies and underneath the down comforter and hope that my gloves turn up cause the steering wheel is gonna be chilly.

Stay warm and hope everyone has a wonderful week. I KNOW I will -wink wink

No comments: