My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

LONG LONG weekend

As I sit here on Sunday night, it feels great NOT to think about going back to school tomorrow. Now, do not get me wrong, I LUV what I do but I am really looking forward to a couple of xtra days off this week.

Saturday we had yet another Chuck E. Cheese birthday party. This time for Alex in St. Pete. Joshy and Alex have known each other since before they were born when Laura and I met on theknot.com and then thenest.com on Baby Talk Bio. Wow, that was ions ago.
Last night it was relaxing at home kinda night as we listened to the thunder and rain come pouring down. it was actually a very welcomed sound around here. Between the COLD snap and the lack of rain, everything around here is hay-like and brown, so hoping that some of the wet stuff last night and the sunshine today will green things up a bit.

Boy oh boy was today a busy one. It was non-stop really. Jan and Bill called this morning on their way down from their riverhouse. She needed to drop in and pick up her new Project Life kit that I had ordered for her as her holiday gift. We figured it would be a pit stop and go but thankfully, they stayed for a couple of hours and we sat around the kitchen table drinking coffee, chatting and laughing. It was such a nice, impromptu visit.
On their way out, Laurel, my Premier Jewelry rep. came by to drop off my hostess packet as I am hosting a show for her on Feb. 11th. I am very xcited as I luv their stuff, she is adorable and is generously donating 25% of her sales that evening to the NMSS via TEAM DURNING.

After Laurel left, we hopped into the car and headed over to St. Pete(for the third day in a row) to check out a loft bed that I found on Craigslist. We called Nanny and solicited her truck to help us get the loft to it's new home. It is currently sitting at the bottom of our steps in Tpa and as soon as the "boys" stop playing video games, Johnnie can dismantle Joshy's current bed and bedframe and we can attempt to put the new one together.

We got a GR-8 deal on it and I have already gotten everything out of his room(cept the bed) and cleaned his floors and am very excited to put it all together in his new room.

We have 5 yr. check up tomorrow morning. I can't wait to hear his height and weight, but could do without the shots as I am sure he can too. It breaks my heart to hear him cry and despite my telling him the shots will keep him healthy, who truly likes needles? Not me and I just gave myself my usual Sunday night injection.

It also saddens me to know that at his appt. tomorrow, I will get his blue and gold papers signed so that he can officially be signed up for KINDERGARTEN come August. I know that it is early to even be thinking that, but hoping that we won't have to return to the pediatrician between now and then so best to get it all taken care of. He will attend school with me next year so I also have to begin his Special Assignment paperwork and teacher requests........

How did time fly so darn quickly that my lil munchkin....okay, don't get me started.

Tuesday he has VPK so that means a day off entirely to myself. I can not wait as I have an appt to get my hair done and I will so enjoy being slightly pampered and spending several hours with one of my most favorite people.

In the meantime, I am off to do some work on the volunteer assignments for walk ms in Tpa as that will be here in a matter of just two months. YIKES.

Happy Sunday evening to all and I hope that your team wins.

No comments: