My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Friday, March 21, 2008

FINALLY Friday

and let me tell you, I am thrilled that it is here!! TGIF!!
It has been a LONG week. Yes, I know, it has been the same length as any other week, but it has certainly FELT longer than usual.

I think that I have finally recuperated from the walk ms event last weekend. Still can NOT believe the incredible support out there. Team Durning is up to $8000 and they have xtended the deadline for donations until May 9th. So open your hearts and your checkbooks PUHLEEZE and let us make out goal of $10k.

Tuesday night, i cooked dinner for 20. YIKES. I know that some(most) would say big deal, but I haven't done that in awhile. We have a wonderful group of tutors from NYU doing their Spring Break down here at volunteering at our school. The children are luving the additional attention and what a great bunch of college kids this year. So, I volunteered to cook for them and they were so appreciative. It was a very nice, relaxing evening. They never did jump into the pool-don't tell them, but I think it was even a bit too cold for THEM. LOL.

Got a phonecall at 7:17 am yesterday while I was still in bed and hadn't had my first sip of coffee yet. My job share partner had been in a car accident and was pretty badly shaken up. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt. However, the last day of testing was yesterday and she was a wreck. So I hopped up(and don't ask me how) but I was out of thehouse and in my car at 7:40am. I arrived in my classroom by 8:10am and was giving the Math NRT at 8:30. It made for a VERY long day for me. Then we had the HOA Board of Director's over last night to stuff 500 Easter eggs for the community event to be held Saturday morning.

So, I am dragging a bit this morning, but another cup of coffee and I should be just fine.

The drama of having school on Good Friday has been looming all week-NO bus drivers and more staff out than subs available. I will be interested in seeing how it all plays out. School is open from 6am til 6pm today to accomodate working parents who need to drop off and pick up kiddos.
I can tell ya, I might stay a little late, but I am NOT going in early today.............

I am meeting with another hotel this afternoon to discuss location for the MS Crop 4 Hope and I am hopeful. I saw it once already, absolutely FELL IN LUV with the space, now to hash out the little details.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. Hope the Easter Bunny is good to everyone and may you all find the golden egg!!

Also hope that everyone who has been feeling under the weather, is hip hop by Sunday.
Huggles,
Jax

No comments: