My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

walk ms Tampa goes down in the history books

WOW!! What an incredible event the NMSS hosted last evening. Let me tell you........WOW. The venue, Lowry Park Zoo was awesome!! There were nearly 100 people there just to volunteer. I think the zoo people estimated about 800 or so walking. It was absolutely amazing.

At the end, we got a count of nearly $110,000 and I can tell you that is NOT it. MANY people had more money online and other pledges etc. I can tell you that I have nearly $1000 coming in from Sun Trust bank donations and over $500 waiting to be turned in. Plus donations that dh is still collecting from his facilities.

It was incredibly moving for so many people but I have to tell you. I had former students(one who is graduating from college in just a few months and was in my SECOND grade class oh so many years ago), present students and their families, more former students and nearly my ENTIRE third grade team at Bay Crest there for support. Many walked, others volunteered and ALL of them made me feel like I was the ONLY one there!! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! You move me to tears, every last one of you!!

I do NOT have one single photo to share of the event as my camera never made it out of my bag. However, yet another personal friend, professional photographer Tony Alt was there taking team shots and action shots too. So I am hopeful that I will get some copies of them all.

BIG shout out to Doris, Phil, Melissa and Jamie with the NMSS. You ALL outdid yourselves. Jackie Callaway, you are one incredible lady and I enjoyed seeing you at the park today with your kiddos.

As for the phenominal walk ms committee this year. Thank you. You ladies are amazing and I truly feel priviledged to work with you and watch this whole thing come together because of all of our hard work. Can't wait til next year. Shelly, happy wedding. Deb, we MUST do coffee SOON. and I am off to crash and try to recuperate. I have a day or two before my planning begins for the MS Crop 4 Hope '08 gets underway.

Much luv to you all,
Capt. Jax

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.