My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh what a day

From every possible emotion to absolute exhaustion. What a day.
However, I must say, that emotions and exhaustion beside, I am so truly blessed. My lil guy did great thru surgery. He was in recovery quite a bit longer than anyone expected, but they do like them to sleep it off. We were fortunate to be in there with him.

He was fantastic until we got to his room and he had a total meltdown over the IV board on his arm. They removed the board and he did well for about five hours. Ate, drank, snacked and was really amazing. Doctor was thrilled the two times he came in to check on him.

However, six pm hit and OMG. The IV started beeping like mad, they ended up removing it and after a round of pain meds, we assumed we were ready for some down time. YEAH RIGHT.
My child was literally RUNNING laps around the nurses station. He is such a TINSKY. I had them call the dr. and we were released and home by eight. WOO HOO. Thankfully, he recuperates just like me so no need to stay there. They had to chase him to take his final vitals, but he looks great, and in NO way needed to be in the hospital tonite. MUCH better for all of us. I am off to crash. Both my guys are already blissfully asleep.
Thanks for well wishes. Life is GOOD(and so is ICE CREAM).

No comments: