My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Friday, May 25, 2007

what a week!!

The last week of school is always busy and crazy, but this one takes the cake!! After 17 years, I do not think I have ever had such "issues".

This county has gone completely computerized for our report cards, which most people would think is great.......I would, however, disagree 100%. I am far from computer illiterate, but this was HORRIBLE. I was in report card hell for the entire week. OMG. First off, we have 3 teachers grades to input for one class. PITA by itself.......but then go to print them and the entire third nine weeks grades are GONE. Kaput......cyber space who knows where. Now, I am all for technology, but there is no hard copy anywhere. AHHHHHHHHH.

After much stress and flipping out, it is all said and done and filed away, packed away or thrown away til the beginning of school next year. Can you say, WOO HOO. I sure can.
Sighs...........I will miss my kiddos though. My FCAT scores were as expected, but the BEST end of the year gift was a cutie pie blondie who began the year by saying "I HATE reading" to his reading and writing teacher-me.......and ended the year yesterday by announcing "I LUV reading" scoring a 4 on FCAT reading and nearly a 6th grade reading level on SuccessMaker.
That made it all worth while!! (thanx Hunter) He is truly one I will never forget.

Happy Friday,
Jackie

No comments: