My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Friday, August 10, 2007

I survived

My first day back at school. It wasn't easy. As I was driving in I realized that the few people I have been closest to over the years at Bay Crest weren't returning. It hit me like a TON of bricks about two miles away.

As anyone who knows me knows, I do NOT deal well with change. Never have. This year is pretty much ALL about change for me. None of it bad, just going to be a WHOLE lot to absorb at one time.

I am actually excited about most of it, just feeling a bit overwhelmed. My new teaching partner, Lauren has been fabulous. She got a TON accomplished today unpacking it by the time I left at nearly four pm, it was actually starting to look like a classroom. By Monday after our meeting, it will be my new home for the year.
My third grade team is awesome, and it is going to be a great year. I remember the title to the book, Who Moved My Cheese that a former principal gave me when she was leaving and there would be many changes. I think that perhaps, I should dig out that book and re-read it. I do remember that it was soothing back then. Couldn't hurt, right?

Hoping for a relaxing weekend and hoping everyone else has one too.

No comments: