My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Another year

Well, another year older. I am not certain how xactly I managed to arrive at the ripe old age of 41?! Although I am quite fond of having the opportunity to be another year older(it sure beats the alternative), I just don't know how I got here.

I remember when I was a little girl(okay, I am still "little") , a YOUNG girl, attending the 30th birthday party of my birthmother and as a 6 year old, she was OLD. So how did I manage to hit 41?! and for the most part, not feel old???????????? If anyone has a valid answer, please feel free to jump in here.

My birthday was of the gloomy sorts. My mood tends to be inspired by the weather outside and as much as i know that we NEED rain, it truly does NOT have to rain NON stop for two entier days straight, esp. on the weekend and esp. on my birthday.
So, yesterday was quite uneventful. Despite Johnnie's efforts to do something fun, it really just wasn't a fun day whatsoever.

So, dinner was truly the only highlight for my special day. We went to Kado. I luv that place and dinner was delicious, although not quick. Joshy did well for the first hour and a half, but into the second hour, he was BORED and doing a bit of running around. Now being potty trained completely, he must have visited both bathrooms a dozen times and Stacey will appreciate this, came running out of the men's room at one point naked from the waist down. LOL. I swear that kid will be a nudist someday...........ROTFLMAO. Thank goodness I had given in when getting dressed for dinner and allowed him to wear a shirt(size 5T) that truly was wayyyyy too big on him. However, for these purposes, it worked just fine.
what a trip.

So, all in all, I am now another year older, a bit more tired, but still STUFFED from my amazing dinner. Thanks for all of the warm birthday wishes from everyone. They made me smile on an otherwise gloomy day.

This morning I am off to go have my bloodwork done for my neuro appt on Weds.-trying NOT to think about the MRI report and then off to Sebring for the day.
I am meeting up with Amanda in Brandon and then we are heading over to the Kenilworth to measure out the room and vendor space. Being a very visual person, I NEEEEEED to do this so that I can map it all out both in my head and on paper.

So, the sun is shining. DH has reported for Jury duty as summoned and I am going to drink another cup of coffee, even though my bloodwork is supposed to be "fasting". Fasting to me included coffee and my neuro knows that unless someone will do the blood draw from my bedroom, there is NO way I am going anywhere without some caffeine in my veins. I figure if I always have coffee, then the results should be comparable each time I have it done-every 3 months.

Have a great Monday. Sad to hear of the passing of George Carlin, comedic icon. Gosh, I had NO idea he was 71, but boy has he left his mark on the world.

No comments: