My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Almost over

We have today and tomorrow left of the school year and therefore, it is ALMOST over. Yesterday was an incredibly busy day at school for me. My kiddos have been WONDERFUL considering they are more than ready for impending vacation too.

I got all my grades entered on the puter-I REALLY miss the days of handwriting our report cards. I printed one set and they will be checked this morning with Lauren taking them in. Then I will print the second set today to go in the cums. I finished all said cums yesterday . They are in perfect order. Packed a few more boxes and should be nearly done with that. I know that I have three file cabinet drawers to pack up and I will do that today but I need some more small boxes. All I had left were humongo ones and files will not work in there.

Aunt Sue took Joshy over to Orlando for the day and most of the night too. They didn't get home til well after 9pm and he was crashed. He had a wonderful day on water slides and playing with his new "friends". John got home very late from work in Sarasota, so that actually gave me a couple of hours at home by myself. I didn't get to scrap anything but I did finish putting all of my ribbons in my new ribbon purse. It is so adorable and I could just kick myself for not inventing it.

How many times I see a product and wanna smack myself upside the head cause I sure could have thought of something like that. Darn IT!!

We have to eat lunch with our kiddos today as the 5th graders will be comandeering the cafeteria for the next two days. That means NO break for me so I just might have to find a cute movie for mine to watch and get my neighbor to cover my class for a few.

Wanna hear the highlight and funny/wow story of yesterday? If so, read on. I am walking to the fac. lounge after dropping my kiddos off at the table yesterday and I see a 5th grader with a wad of cash counting it. I walked over and asked him why he had that much money at school. He gave me some lame reason-I am opening a bank account, cd blah blah blah. I told him to give me the money to keep safe so that no one took it/stole it and so he wouldn't lose it. He was destroyed.........wanting to know what I was going to do with it etc. I assured him that there were no vacations with his money in my immediate future and that he would find it in the office at the end of the day.
So, I go into the lounge and find out which teacher he belonged to and then had him count the cash. Okay, would you like to know how much cash this precious 10 year old had flashing around a Title One school? Take a guess: you won't believe it. I nearly fell out when we did count it. I only saw a wad, some 20's.

This CHILD had one thousand, six hundred and sixty dollars that he is flashing and counting at the lunchroom table!!! You read that correctly-$1,660.00!! That is a whole lotta money. I gave it to both the Big P and Little P and they couldn't believe it. It went into the safe and kid's dad picked it up very nonchlantly apparently. Hey, where is my REWARD??????? Oh well.

Now, i have to wonder what a 5th grader is doing with that kind of money and what might be going on at home for him to even have access to it. Geez, I am in the wrong profession. Word is that his mom is a dancer that involves a little bit of clothing and a pole............oh well. It was nice to hold that much money if even for a few moments.

So, I am off to my last full day of school(still a half day for me though), and hopefully, it will go by quickly.
It has been a really great year and I am almost sorry to see it end. I have my homework for the summer. I brought home a large totebag of books to read to prepare myself for next year's BATTLE OF THE BOOKS. I am going back to 4th grade and have to be prepared.

TTFN

No comments: