My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Catching Up

Like I have said before, I often feel as if I do nothing but try to "catch up". Catch up on laundry, cleaning, paying bills, picking up......whatever it is, I am always behind and trying to catch up.

I gave up on trying to catch up on my scrapbooks. It was truly a revolution when i decided to scrap out of order and just work on what I want to. I luv that feeling and find myself working on the latest photos that I receive in the mail while the memories are still the freshest. Some day (maybe not) i will catch up on the rest of them and if I don't, oh well.

I had a very nice day today catching up with my ex-sil as she cut my hair. It is amazing how awful one can look when u walk into the salon and how much better when you feel as you walk out with pretty hair :). I also luv that she didn't charge me for the cut as my birthday present. Thanks Aixa. She is amazing. Even better, now that I didn't spend the $65 or so on a haircut, I can spend it on something else for my own birthday gift or get another haircut before returning to work in Aug. Hmmm, I am th inking that I can certainly find a new atg tape gun for my scrappy room and not only give it a new home, but a GOOD home too.

Speaking of catching up. I had received a missed call on my cell yesterday. I ultimately listened to the messages and was pleasantly surprised to hear ex-dh number one and his north carolina drawl........now it was pretty unusual to hear from him on June 19th cause he does call every single year on June 22 to wish me a Happy Birthday but I think that it is more to remind me that at that point in the year, I am OLDER than he is(at least until Aug. 19th). LOL.

Turns out that he is in Florida this weekend and he was driving to Tpa from Jacksonville to see some old friends. Since I didnt' have anything planned for this afternoon, he came over to Aunt Sue's and we all caught up. We talk twice a year at least and email here and there. All in all, we have really never lost touch. He is a good man and there is NO animosity at all between us. I KNOW that he is truly happy for me and the direction my life has taken. We married VERY very young and we were in different places in our lives. I would give him the shirt off my back if he needed it and he has donated to my MS team and supports me 100 percent.

I think that he has stayed away for so long in part because he didnt' know what to expect when seeing me. As for myself, when first dx with MS, I didn't know what to xpect either, so I could understand his apprehensions. Well, he seemed pleasantly surprised to see that I am still me, nothing has changed, cept for a loss of about 50 lbs on my part and many of which he seems to have found (HIS words not mine). He looks xactly the same, but it does seem during 'catching up" that he has found his way and has grown up. That was always our"issue" way back when in 1991.......he just couldn't seem to do that.

Well, I am glad to see that catching up can be a GOOD thing. We had a really nice afternoon together and at this moment, I am all caught up.
Have a great Friday night all.
Jax

1 comment:

Ex-Ex-DH said...

Why thank you.

I really enjoyed catching up with you as well.

Thanks again for the trip down memory lane. It seemed like a journey I didn't want to take that actually ended up as another walk in the park.

Good luck with this years Crop!