My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Back from the BEACH

and what a lovely time........however, I am here to tell you that one should NOT go on vacation from Weds to Fri cause you have absolutely NO idea what day of the week it is. Seriously feels like Sunday to me right now, but thankfully, it IS only Friday and I will have the whole weekend to spend with dh as it is Father's Day coming up on Sunday.

Speaking of Father's Day.....most of you know that this is NOT my most favorite day of the year anymore. In fact, I cried like a BABY yesterday but it passed quickly. You see, not only were we at the beach for 3 days, but we were staying at the hotel that Johnnie and I got married at and had our reception at. Daddy died just 3 short months after that wonderful weekend in October '03 and it brought back a flood of joyous memories to be back at the Sandalwood.

Joshy could NOT have had a better time if he tried. OMG. He met kids(some were "RUDE" according to my sassy 3.5 year old), some were "shy" and other's he just enjoyed swimming and chasing around the place(of course he acted as if he owned it). By far the elevator was one of his favorite pasttimes and I swear that I am waiting for him to ask for one at our house-lol. It was a riot actually.

We had a few great meals at a place called Conch Republic on Gulf Blvd. The food was amazing and our service was xcellent.. It was quite similar to Bally Hoo's here in Tpa, but much better. Johnnie told them it was my birthday(okay a week early) but they sing and blow into conch shells........very cool. Didn't know he was doing that and didn't have my camera out for it, but it was something I tell you.

Glad to be home and although I have tons of laundry to do and two cars that need to still be unpacked, I caught up on nearly 200 emails, numerous phonecalls and ordered my photos from the trip already. I have already pre-made some pages for them and I was so thrilled to remember that yesterday was the 12th of the month(actually Johnnie remembered) but taking 12(gazillion) photos on the 12th of this month was NOT at all difficult. In fact, I will leave you with a few.

I was very sad to read of the untimely passing of Tim Russert. I am not a big fan of politics, but he like many other newscasters become a part of your "family" of sorts when they are constantly in your bedroom. Working part time allows for me to watch the Today Show at least for a bit each morning and being an election year, he was prominently on in the first half hour several times per week. So sad and surreal. Like I am known to say-often, live each day as if it were your last, cause you just NEVER know if there will be a tomorrow.

Have a great evening and enjoy.

No comments: