My Luv!!

My Luv!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Morning Update

Just figured that I would catch up while I had a moment. I spent the better part of yesterday straightening and organizing. Heck, that truly is my entire life these days. Well, I was pretty happy with the way things looked. I don't "clean" truly clean. But surface clean is what my house was. One of these days I will get another cleaning girl who will do the dusting and deep stuff that I just don't care about ...........one of these days.

Then it was time to head out to the grocery store. That is one chore that I have hated for quite some t ime. I actually agonize over which one to go to, what coupons that I have etc. I usually end up at Super Center cause it is so much cheaper, spend 30+ minutes in the check out line cussing under my breath and realizing why I HATE shopping there. However, yesterday was quite a different experience. First of all, it was a weekday in the mid morning. Not nearly as chaotic as the weekends-go figure. LOL. And shopping at WM where the toy dept is larger than the produce is not really my idea of a fun outting with a 3.5 year old. However, the last week or so, Joshy has REALLY been listening and picking up and in general like a lightswitch has gone on......amazing. SERIOUSLY. So, off we went to WM.
We bought groceries, he sat in the cart til it got too full, he helped carry bags in and it was not at all stressful. WOW. Well, it was stressful when my total was revealed, but other than that a good outing.

My 3rd grade team arrived just before 3pm for our end of the year get together. Joshy had a blast playing with all of the kids and swimming. He was so wiped out that when everyone left just before 7pm that he promptly passed out on the couch while watching some tv show and never woke up til 7:30 this morning. I cleaned up yet again and went to bed at 10 myself.

Today, Big John arrives ........oh let the fun begin. I am planning for the worst visit ever and maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed he will surprise me. But let's face it, with all that is going on in that side of the family, it is less than likely.

The highlight for me will be the few days that we are spending in N. Redington Beach. We have a couple of rooms reserved at the condo/hotel that John and I got married at in '04. We have not been back there in many years and I am so looking forward to that part anyway.

I will pack a Battle Book and some scrappy stuff and plan to do a whole lotta relaxing. Having the grandparents around with the kiddo will be very helpful in ME getting some downtime-I hope.

So that is life lately in the nutshell. So far, I am seriously enjoying my first real week of summer vacation and will check in when I can.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

No comments: